The Business Development Manager will report to the Director of North America Sales. The position will manage the Southwest region of the United States to develop business agreements and sales in the DNA and RNA sequencing vertical.
Job performance will involve a variety of activities including:
- Responsible for the development and preparation of sales strategy for the assigned territory (Southern California, Arizona, Nevada, Utah)
- Maintain relationships with appropriate company team members to identify and communicate new and future product needs, development and market trends
- Plan visits to customer and prospect sites within the regional territory
- Conduct online presentations
- Provide customer service/support when necessary, to existing customers
- Drive and determination
- Ability to work in a fast paced and dynamic environment
- Ability to participate with others as a member of the team to ensure that demanding and difficult projects are handled smoothly and cooperatively to enhance the success of the projects and maintain strong relationships within all parts of the company
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Driven to perform
- Self-directed: needs little explicit direction and no hand holding
- Able to organize, prioritize, and delegate tasks to efficiently move projects forward
- 5+ years’ experience in the Life Science or Diagnostic industry
- Understanding of Next Generation Sequencing applications and products including their use in the clinical and regulated space
- Excellent forecasting and revenue goal achievement skills through strategic selling practices
- Entrepreneurial experience preferred / Self Starter
- Demonstrated comfort in public speaking and presentationss
- Demonstrated effectiveness with negotiation skills and relationship management
- Experience with MS Office (PowerPoint, Excel, Word)
- 25-50% travel required
- Cold calling experience with demonstrated results into fortune 1000 companies
- Rolodex of customers in the Life Science industry specifically leaders of National Cancer Centers, and large
- Experience with SalesForce.com (or other CRM)
Preferred residence in Southern California
- Minimum of Bachelor's degree in the Life Sciences
This hire will slowly move into a role of increasing responsibility as the company expands
ArcherDX, the NGS applications company, is developing and commercializing a novel approach to target enrichment chemistry. Next-generation sequencing technology based on Anchored Multiplexed PCR (AMP™) generates a highly enriched library of gene targets of interest for downstream genomic sequencing. Complemented by proprietary software and readily accessible reports, our technology enables dramatic enhancement in mutation detection speed as well as complex mutation identification and discovery.
Unless otherwise stated, all descriptions above are preferred but not required for our ideal candidate. Consideration will be given for comparable experience. ArcherDX is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We offer competitive compensation and generous benefits programs. E-mail your résumé in confidence with salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Principals only. Recruiters, please do not contact this job poster