The Research Scientist is responsible for the design, development, and analysis of Archer custom and catalog assays.
Job performance will include a variety of activities including:
- Driving projects forward to ensure internal and external deadlines are met
- Interpret scientific results and provide recommendations for moving forward
- Idea generation to improve existing technology and drive future technology
- Maintain detailed, accurate, and accessible records of experimental design and results in accordance with internal quality system
- Identify opportunities for process improvements
- Additional duties as assigned
- This hire will slowly move into a role of increasing responsibility as the company expands
- Drive and determination
- Ability to work in a fast paced and dynamic environment
- Ability to participate with others as a member of the team to ensure that demanding and difficult projects are handled smoothly and cooperatively to enhance the success of the projects and maintain strong relationships within all parts of the company
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Self starter
- Driven to perform
- Self directed: needs little explicit direction and no hand holding
- Able to organize, prioritize, and delegate tasks to efficiently move projects forward
- 5+ years of laboratory experience
- 2+ years in an industry setting (preferred)
- BS/MS/PhD in biochemistry or related field an/or equivalent combination of education and experience
ArcherDX, the NGS applications company, is developing and commercializing a novel approach to target enrichment chemistry. Next-generation sequencing technology based on Anchored Multiplexed PCR (AMP™) generates a highly enriched library of gene targets of interest for downstream genomic sequencing. Complemented by proprietary software and readily accessible reports, our technology enables dramatic enhancement in mutation detection speed as well as complex mutation identification and discovery.
Unless otherwise stated, all descriptions above are preferred but not required for our ideal candidate. Consideration will be given for comparable experience. ArcherDX is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We offer competitive compensation and generous benefits programs. E-mail your résumé in confidence with salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Principals only. Recruiters, please do not contact this job poster