Make your mark in 2018
Abstract submission deadlines for AMP and ASH are months away, but now is the time to plan. Perhaps you have a partially developed story and just need that last piece of data. Or maybe you've had an idea rolling around in your head with no resources to test it.
Dr. Tom van Wezel presents research collected from winning an Archer 2016 Research Challenge Grant
Archer® Research Challenge Grants enable researchers to address clinically relevant and challenging questions in environments where funding for clinical research is limited. These grants provide the kits, software and support to test your hypothesis or demonstrate a novel next-generation sequencing (NGS)-based application.
2018 Research Challenge Grant details
Detect, track and monitor rare clones using Archer® VariantPlex® Myeloid kits
Detect circulating tumor DNA (ctDNA) using the Archer Reveal-ctDNA™ kit
Characterize T- or B-cell repertoires using the Archer Immunoverse™ kit
*one award per category
Archer NGS kits
Winners will receive 96 reactions to answer their research questions
Winners will also receive any required training and support
Grant recipients announced
AMP 2018 abstract deadline†
ASH 2018 abstract deadline†
†encouraged but not required
Terms and Conditions
Please read the following terms and conditions of the Archer Research Challenge Grant (collectively: "Terms") carefully. By submitting your entry, you agree to these Terms for yourself and on behalf of your Institution/Company. "You" and "your" shall refer to you personally or your Institution/Company, as applicable. "We", "Us" or "Our" includes ArcherDX, Inc. and/or its officers, employees, directors, agents, and affiliates.
If you do not agree to these Terms, do not click "SUBMIT" at the end of this form and do not participate in this offer.
One grant per award category will be awarded (for a total of 3 grants). Grant recipients will receive up to 96 free reactions (12 kits with 8 reactions each) of an Archer® kit based on their award category along with free training and support from our Field Application Specialist (FAS) team.
See additional terms below
- Using the entry form, submit your written abstract, in 500 words or less, what scientific questions you would like to address using Archer kits (please specify which kit)
- Only one abstract entry per individual
- Abstracts will be judged by a team of ArcherDX scientists and executives
- Each abstract will be judged based on our view of potential impact to cancer research and detection, quality of scientific question, and access to tissue targets and appropriate sequencing technologies.
- All decisions by the judges are final
- One grant will be awarded for each award category (for a total of 3 awards)
- Entries must be submitted by 11:59 pm MST on March 2, 2018; late submissions will not be considered
- All submissions must be made through ArcherDX’s online registration form (see below)
- The recipients will be announced by March 9, 2018; recipients do not need to be present to be granted the award
- Recipients must be able to start using the Archer kits within 45 days of material grant delivery
- Recipients agree to be available for reasonable promotional activities at ArcherDX’s request for a period of 12 months following announcement of the grant award; promotional activities may include (but are not limited to):
- Case Studies
- Webinars/in-person seminars
- Website/Newsletter story features
- Video and photoshoots with material grants
To be considered for the award, your entry must:
- Be in English
- Be complete
- Be an original work
- By submitting an entry, applicant agrees to all of the Terms set forth herein.
- ArcherDX provides recipients with up to 96 reactions (12 boxed kits) of a stock Archer kit and free training and support from Archer FAS personnel.
- Recipients agree to share all resultant data and experimental designs with ArcherDX. Recipients retain all publication rights to their data resulting from the award – we want you to publish and present your data!
- ArcherDX agrees to not publish any recipient sequencing data without express recipient permission.
- Recipient agrees that this grant does not give them access to proprietary ArcherDX intellectual property or forthcoming ArcherDX products.
- Recipient agrees to obtain all authorizations and permissions from their Institution/Company or others that are required to allow them to make this submission and have their name and institution name used for all purposes, including marketing, by ArcherDX or its affiliates without any compensation and with or without attribution, regardless of whether their entry wins the contest. Recipient also agrees personally to all authorizations and permissions required by these Terms.
- Applicants agree that the use of their submission by ArcherDX does not violate any rule, policy, copyright, trademark, patent, or procedures of their Institution/Company or that of any other person. Applicant agrees that all parts of their submission, including any attachments, become the sole property of ArcherDX.
- Applicant acknowledges and agrees that any submission made hereunder is not being made in exchange for any promise of business to ArcherDX.
- Recipient agrees that ArcherDX may contact them for purposes of marketing its products and services.
- Once submitted, applicant's materials and information cannot be returned.
- ArcherDX will have full, sole and absolute discretion regarding which submissions are selected as the recipients of this competition.
- The application period will end at 11:59:59 pm MOUNTAIN STANDARD TIME on March 2, 2018, and the recipients will be announced at a date, time and place of our choosing.
- ArcherDX reserves the right to discontinue or modify this program at any time for any reason. In such event, ArcherDX will post a notice on our website and inform all already submitted entrants via e-mail. In the event of discontinuance, ArcherDX will have no liability to recipient, their employees, and agents or team members for such cancellation or modification.
- ArcherDX may refuse to consider a submission if ArcherDX determines in its sole discretion that awarding the grant to the entrant would likely result in a violation of an applicable law, rule, or policy, including, but not limited to, if contrary to the law where you reside.
- ArcherDX reserves the right to provide a raincheck or substitute a similar award if the awards can not be provided for reasons outside of ArcherDX’s control.
- The award has no cash equivalent or value.
- The odds of winning this contest will depend, in part, on how many contestants enter. However, we cannot predict with specificity how many contestants will participate.
- Each applicant is responsible for all of their own costs, and the costs of their employees and agents, incurred or that may be incurred in connection with this offer, including, without limitation, any tax liability (including any income tax associated with the value of the award), and any costs associated with entering into and participating in this offer. Award shipping and training costs will be borne by ArcherDX, Inc.
- IN NO EVENT SHALL ARCHERDX, ITS OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, OR AGENTS, BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES WHATSOEVER ARISING UNDER OR AS A RESULT OF ENTRANCE IN OR PARTICIPATION IN THE OFFER, WHETHER BASED ON WARRANTY, CONTRACT, TORT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY, AND WHETHER OR NOT ARCHERDX IS ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. THE FOREGOING LIMITATION OF LIABILITY SHALL APPLY TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
- Applicant agrees to indemnify and hold harmless ArcherDX and its officers, directors, employees, agents, stockholders, affiliates, subcontractors and customers from and against all allegations, claims, actions, suits, demands, damages, liabilities, obligations, losses, settlements, judgments, costs and expenses (including attorneys’ fees and costs without limitation) related to their participation in the Archer Research Challenge Grant.
- Any and all actions, claims, disputes, or controversies relating to this offer shall be governed by the laws of the State of Colorado, USA, without regard to its conflict-of-laws principles. By using this site and submitting your entry, you expressly consent to the exclusive forum, jurisdiction, and venue of the state and federal courts of Boulder County, Colorado, USA, in such actions, claims, disputes, or controversies.
Sponsored by ArcherDX, Inc. 2477 55th Street Ste. 202, Boulder CO 80301 USA.